Help your kids get their five-a-day with this colourful rainbow pasta salad , ideal for lunch.
- 165g can tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1 tablespoon whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yoghurt
- ½ tspn fresh chives, finely sliced (optional)
- 250g pasta, cooked according to packet directions and cooled
- ½ cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 orange capsicum
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup snow peas, roughly chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, Greek yoghurt and chives. Mix well until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Divide the pasta to clear containers (plastic for kids, glass jars for adults) as a bottom layer.
- Next, top the pasta in each container with the tuna mixture and smooth over so the pasta is well covered.
- Alternate laying the corn, capsicum, tomatoes and snow peas in each container until all the vegetables have been used up.
- Seal the container with a lid and store in the fridge for up to 3 days or in an insulated lunchbox with an ice-brick until lunchtime.
Stay tuned for all things food and wellness.
Recipe by Sarah Moore, Registered Nutritionist (BSc, MPH)