Anzac biscuits recipe08 Apr 2019
Look no further for a great tried and tested recipe for the classic Anzac biscuit. Crumbs ahead!
Prep + cook time is 40 minutes
1 cup (180g) rolled oats
1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
¾ cup (60g) desiccated coconut
125g (4 ounces) butter, chopped
2 tablespoons golden syrup or treacle
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
2 tablespoons boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F. Grease oven trays.
2. Combine oats, sifted flour, sugar and coconut in large bowl.
3. Combine butter and golden syrup in small saucepan stir over low heat until butter is melted.
4. Combine soda and water, add to butter mixture stir into dry ingredients while mixture is warm.
5. Place 3-level-teaspoon portions of mixture about 4cm (1½-inches) apart on trays press down lightly.
6. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Loosen biscuits while warm cool on trays.
It is best to use the traditional (not quick cook) oats in this recipe.
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Recipe by Australian Women's Weekly Baking Day